The purpose of this communication is to seek nominations for Board Directors and Area Directors to the International Board of Directors. In 2020, nominations will be for:
Board Directors (4)
Area 1 Director
Area 3 Director
Area 5 Director
Newly-elected International Board Members begin their term with the Annual Meeting following the election, held in the Fall. Serving on the International Board is a privilege we hope many of you will want to experience.
– Be a regular or associate member of Harmony, Inc. for at least five (5) years.
– Have previous administrative experience such as serving as an Officer on a Chapter Board of Directors, Area Council or other similar organization.
– Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
– Have daily access to a computer and the computer skills to communicate by email and to compose reports.
– Be able to work independently, manage time effectively to meet deadlines with good problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
– Be available to attend at least two out-of-town meetings each year (duration of meetings 3 – 4 days each), at which time International Board Members & Area Directors are required to participate in daily meetings, approximately 8 – 9 hours in duration.
– Have a valid passport enabling international travel. The cost of this travel to be covered by Harmony, Inc.
Other Helpful Skills
– Business Management experience and/or the ability to analyze, understand and produce financial reports.
This year the nomination has been broken into two online forms, HAR-034 Part 1 is the Nomination Form and HAR- 034 Part 2 is the Application. Both forms can be found on the Harmony, Inc. website under Forms/Documents in the members-only section.
Nomination forms (HAR 034 Parts 1 & 2) for 2020 Elections must be returned to the Nominating Committee Chair and Corporate Office no later than January 15, 2020. As the forms are online, once completed and submitted the digital information will transmit directly to the Nominating Committee Chair and Corporate Office.
Please be sure that all members of your chorus receive this information in sufficient time to meet the deadline. Share by e-mail, add to your Chapter bulletin and announce this at your Chapter meetings. Encourage anyone who may be interested in becoming part of the administrative team that will move our organization into the future.
Board Directors will be expected to perform a variety of functions and must be flexible with the time and desire to take on extra duties.
Duties of an Area Director
An Area Director’s primary responsibility is to represent her Area at International Board Meetings. She will plan and chair two Area Council
Meetings each year at a location central to the membership in her Area, to keep in touch with the interests, concerns, and needs of the Area, and to create programs to help the Area. The balance of her work can be done at home and involves keeping in touch with the chapters in her Area, offering advice and assistance, and visiting Area chapters when the need arises.
Attendance at Board Meetings
All International Board Members are required to attend two International Board Meetings per year – one (Annual Meeting) requiring early arrival at International Convention and Contests (usually Sunday) in the fall and the other (Mid-Year Meeting) approximately four days in the middle of May or June held in a city to be determined by the incoming Board of Directors.
Newly-elected International Board Members are expected to join the Standing Board at the end-of-year Board Meeting prior to the Annual Meeting. This has proven to be an invaluable way to get acquainted with the work and what will be required of them
coming into their elected position.
Please remember the deadline for nominations – no later than January 15, 2020!
Harmony, Inc. will only continue to grow and flourish if willing members give a little of their time and effort to make it happen. Allow your name to stand for election…it will be deeply appreciated by all Harmony, Inc. members.
Marie Ross – Chair
Trinda Ernst – Canadian Teller
Michelle Buckenmeyer – U.S. Teller