Donate to Harmony, Inc.
Since 1959, Harmony, Inc. has provided a welcoming environment for all women to express themselves through barbershop harmony and to form lifelong friendships. Help us spread our mission of “Empowering all women through education, friendship, and singing” by donating today! Your donations, no matter how small, help sustain and grow our important programs. Thank you for your generosity!
Give to a program of your choice or choose to apply your gift to the area of greatest need. Current programs include:
- Association of Harmony Queens Travel Fund
- Directors First
Would you like to honor someone with your gift to Harmony, Inc.? Donations made in honor or in memory of someone will be acknowledged with a personalized card and recognition on the Harmony, Inc. website.
Canadian members and friends
We appreciate and invite your direct support of Harmony, Inc., but if you’d prefer to make a tax-advantaged donation, please do so through Sing Canada Harmony. Your generosity will still help organizations like Harmony, Inc. We are grateful for the on-going generosity and support of Sing Canada Harmony – visit them at https://singcanadaharmony.ca.
Required Minimum Distribution Information
Are you a U.S. member over age 70 ½ with an IRA? If so, you can take your required minimum distribution (RMD) while avoiding being taxed on that amount. Donate your RMD in part or whole, directly to Harmony Inc.
Required Minimum Distribution
Your required minimum distribution (RMD) is the minimum amount that you must withdraw from your IRA, SEP IRA, SIMPLE IRA account each year, if you are age 70 ½ or more. IRA distributions add to your gross income.
Qualified Charitable Distributions
- The qualified charitable distribution (QCD) must be sent from the financial institution that holds the IRA directly to the charity. If the check or wire transfer goes to the you, the donor, it is considered taxable income.
- Harmony Inc is a qualified charitable organization.
- The QCD will count toward the IRA owner’s required minimum distribution from his or her IRA or, alternatively, the donor can have up to $100,000 of the RMD transferred to charity. It will NOT be considered income for tax purposes.
- The distribution is limited to $100,000 per year.
- Owners of inherited IRAs also qualify if they are over 70½.
- Higher income may be a disadvantage in several ways, from causing higher taxation of social security benefits to reducing Schedule A deductions. Giving to charity can avoid those problems.
- No gifts or services may be exchanged in return for donating the IRA distribution. That would invalidate the donation.
For information about your specific circumstances, always contact your financial advisor.
Harmony, Incorporated is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your donation is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.